- There are 37,241 McDonald’s restaurants in 120 countries but not a single one in North Korea. According to an intelligence report, Kim Jong Un may allow a “Western hamburger franchise” into Pyongyang as a gesture of goodwill. Thomas Friedman once famously observed that no two countries, that both have a McDonald’s, had gone to war with each other. FiveThirtyEight, June 4, 2018
- Between 2006 and 2016, more than a million more people moved out of California than moved into the state.MarketWatch June 5, 2018
- When you combine ignorance with leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.” Warren Buffett
- At a national average of $3.23 a gallon, retail milk prices are lower now than 10 years ago. CNBC, June 1, 2018
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, every time health care costs rose by a dollar, an employee’s overall compensation was cut by 52 cents. NPR, May 25, 2018
- April 2018 ranked among the top-10 coldest on record for 22 states east of the Rockies. In addition, the snow cover extent in April in the contiguous U.S. was the fifth greatest since records began in 1966. National Centers for Environmental Information, May 18, 2018
- The U.S. fertility rate hit a record low in 2017, with 60.2 births per 1,000 women of childbearing age, dropping below the “replacement” fertility rate of 2.1 births for each woman to 1.7 births. The Boston Globe, May 23, 2018.
Wealth Strategies Newsletter provided by Paul C. Allen, CFP®, MS, President David Schadel, CFP®, CRPC®, MS, Vice President
5500 Maryland Way, Suite 133| Brentwood, TN| 37027
1990 Main Street, Suite 750| Sarasota, FL| 34236
T 615.457.3481| 855.372.5295| F 615.730.7595
Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC
Investment Advisory Services are offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Wealth Strategies Partners is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James Financial Services.